Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!


It’s my Mother's birthday today!

She is the most amazing woman. She raised 10 redheaded kids to adulthood. 10 kids! That is 40 weeks of pregnancy for each child or 400 weeks total. There are 4 weeks in a month so that is 100 months. There are 12 months in a year so this means that Mom was pregnant for over 8 years. This doesn’t even include the pain multiplying factors of nursing and raising very young children while pregnant.

Then, she had to raise us!

So, Happy Birthday Mom! I love you more than I can adequately express. You are the heart of this family.

5 comments:

David said...

I showed mom this and she totally thanked me and gave me a kiss. I am the reaper of your spoils.

Marshall and Alison said...

hee hee David. Jon your calculus class is coming in handy. You're right, Mom is the heart of our family. And you are the funny bone.

Melanee Raynes said...

I agree, Mom is our heart. She is the glue. Love ya, Mom.

Stefanie Raynes said...

Its true, Mom is the heart of the family...Jon is the funny bone...I guess that makes me the tailbone (or butt) of the family.

Mom said...

I love you all, and I you are too kind. Love, Mom